For Thanksgiving, the Americans hosted a big dinner- and my roommates dressed up as turkeys to help celebrate. It was hilarious!
hello!
I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to update my blog :(
It's been super busy here with the first half of the school year coming to an end.
To fill you in on some fun things I will make a list sooo enjoy:
1.) This past friday and saturday the dance and film tracks got together to film this year's dance video! The theme was freedom, and myself and another dancer were in charge of putting together the choreography for the video. On friday we filmed the dance in a beautiful field with the water and mountains in the background, despite the fact that our feet went numb for it being so cold, it was so fun to be part of a film! Saturday each of the dancers were painted like idols (I was violence, grr) and we went into town and were filmed standing, like statues, in a gazebo in the middle of town. I am very excited to see the end product!
2.) Last night we celebrated Sinterklass (kind of like Santa, but Dutch), and the night before we put out our shoes for Nicholas to come and fill them with gifts!
3.) Two weeks ago we had Ann Rosita from Norway come to teach us hip hop. She was such an inspirational teacher! Every day I left absolutely exhausted from her class. We learned two dances that we can use when we do evangelism on the street and we also did a lot of strength exercises and stretching. It was a very encouraging week! We had a chance to show our dances to the rest of the students and staff at the end of the week and many people were touched! It has been so cool to see how God can use any kind of art that is done in His name to reach people :)
4.) As far as weather goes- it snowed here for two days last week! We all had so much fun playing in it! And since the time change the days have been getting shorter- so now the sun doesn't rise until about 10am and it sets around 3:30...It's really sad, but the Norwegians just call it "cozy".
I will be back in the States for Christmas break next Monday! woo hoo! I am so excited to see my family and friends! Also, I will be dancing in church on the 27th- I am really looking forward to that!



0 comments:
Post a Comment