
this is at Grimerud (another YWAM base in Norway where we went to a leadership conference and had a week of teaching on relationships)- very beautiful, and extremely cold!
our whole group yelling our new year's expectations!! (mine is to learn how to be expectant of God) :)
I can't believe its been almost a month and a half since I've been back in Norway. Lately, we've been busy planning for outreach! I am soo excited to go to France! We will be spending a total of about 5 weeks in Paris, and 3 weeks in a town close to Marseille. While we are in Paris we will be doing a lot of street performances, and just reaching out to the people of France (giving out free coffee, flowers, and spending time getting to know their hearts). When we go to the south of France we will be teaching English in a high school. The group I'm going with is awesome, we have three dancers, three musicians, one person from the film track, and one visual artist.
We are on our winter break now (it started today and goes through the weekend), but this week before the break we had teaching on evangelism, and spent one day in Aalesund town passing out hot chocolate and talking with people. The week before that our teaching was on missions. It was really cool because I realized that as Christians we are all called to be missionaries in that we are all called to spread the gospel no matter where we are in the world!
Over Christmas break I bought a small journal, and I've been jotting things down constantly, whether is notes from class, doodling designs, or prayers, I've found myself writing a lot- I love it! One teacher we had in January was here from North Carolina teaching on how to live from your heart. His name is Ken Helser, and he is one amazing person! I was so inspired by his stories and his relationship with God. The reason I'm telling you this is because one day he told us the importance of writing God's response when journaling. He said "If you're not writing God's response, it's not a journal, its a diary." :) Since that teaching, I've been doing just that, writing what I feel God is saying back to me- and its been amazing to hear God speak. I feel like my whole life He's been dying to tell me things, but I never took the time to really listen. I strongly encourage listening to what God has to say, he's pretty smart :)
I feel like in my earlier posts I haven't really expressed my heart to you, but now I will. Since I've been here in Aalesund, I've not only learned a lot, but I've felt a lot. I'm learning how to separate my head from my heart, and believe that the little voice inside of me is God speaking. I've learned more about the Holy Spirit, and the power we have in Jesus' name. My heart has grown for the people around me, the people that know God, and the people that don't. I have fallen in love with Jesus, and I want the world around me to know him too. I've learned and experienced the love God has for us, and its overwhelming. I've learned the importance and power of forgiveness. I long for more and more of Jesus in my life, for my heart to break for the world. Also, my love for dance has exploded!
I have to say the most exciting part of all of this is that we can never be full enough! I am so excited for the rest of the DTS and all God has for us [and France!] on outreach!



0 comments:
Post a Comment